Be more than a customer, be a member/owner
- Have a voice in how your financial institution is operated
- Experience the highest level of PERSONAL SERVICE combined with expert advice
- Invest in a local organization that is committed to YOUR community
- As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, we’re able to offer rates that are generally lower than those of for-profit financial institutions. We’re also able to pay higher dividends on deposits and charge lower fees.
Never banked at a credit union before? Let us explain what a credit union is, how credit unions differ from banks, and the benefits of membership with IDB-IIC Federal Credit Union. Watch Video >>
Become a Member
IDB-IIC Federal Credit Union proudly serves employees of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC). To qualify for membership, you must be:
- An employee of the IDB or IIC;
- A consultant of the IDB or IIC with a contract of at least 6 months;
- A summer employee of the IDB or IIC;
- An Executive Director or Alternate Director of the IDB or IIC;
- Staff of an Executive Director or Alternate Director of the IDB or IIC;
- An immediate family member of a Credit Union member;
- A retiree from the IDB or IIC
Our "Once a Member, Always a Member" policy means that when you or your family members join our Credit Union, you may remain a member for the rest of your life, as long as a minimum balance of $50.00 is maintained in your Savings Account.
A minimum deposit of $50 and membership fee of $2.00
Your family can also enjoy the benefits of Credit Union membership. Our membership is extended to members of the immediate family or household of a current IDB-IIC FCU member. An immediate family member is defined as a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent or grandchild of a current member. We offer membership to those individuals whether or not the family member lives in the same residence. A household member includes individuals living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit.
IDB-IIC FCU serves the financial needs of members with small businesses. Members of the credit union, who operate a small business as a sole-proprietorship, partnership, or Limited Liability company, may open a savings and/or checking account in the name of the business with the proper paperwork documenting the tax ID or EIN. All joint owners on the account must be eligible for credit union membership. Additional documentation may be required. IDB-IIC FCU offers the following services for Business accounts:
- Basic Checking
- Basic Savings
- Share Certificate Accounts
- Lines of Credit
- Credit Cards
Potential business account members may request information about our business account in the branch, and via phone or email. Business Account packets should be provided to any eligible party. The packets include a checklist, information and all required documentation. The completed packets should be sent to the Member Services department for processing. Before sending, ensure that all documentation is included and complete.
IDB-IIC FCU serves organizations, clubs and associations that are within our field of membership. To be eligible for an organization account, all members of the organization must be eligible for credit union membership. Additional documentation may be required.
Request a membership kit or stop by our offices to complete the necessary forms.
You can either mail the forms or bring them to our office. Before applying for
membership, please familiarize yourself with the requirements of the USA Patriot Act.